“I’ll Never Forget It” – Lincoln City, Oregon, U.S.A.

By Zainab A. 

Lincoln City is a city in Lincoln County, Oregon, U.S.A. When I went to Lincoln City, I was 18 years old. In October of 2016, I went with ELCI and my husband, and it was my first trip in Oregon. Everyone was curious about it, and there were many students from different countries and three teachers from the U.S. There were two white buses and two cars. The weather was nice. We rode the bus playing beautiful songs.

When we arrived, we started shopping in an outlet mall. Everyone was buying things. Before I started shopping in the Nike store, I was using my phone. I forgot my phone in the store because I was so excited. I was sad, and I didn’t want to tell my husband because it wasn’t the first time. After that, I found it next to a mirror. My husband bought ice cream, and we took pictures next to the mirror.

After shopping, we waited for a big bus to go to Lincoln City Beach. A little baby was playing while we were waiting. Some students took pictures together. The others were using their phones. Eventually, the big bus arrived. On the bus, I looked through the window. After 10  minutes, we arrived at the Lincoln City Beach. When we saw the beach, we were happy. Many kites were flying and dancing in the sky. Many people were playing. I was listening to my favorite Arabic song which is called Habeit.

In the end, my husband and I walked without shoes so we could feel the sand. We took videos and played together. My friend came over with a sad face because she was hungry. We went to a restaurant and bought some food, but everyone was calling for us because the bus was getting ready to go back. We had to run. My jacket was moving like I was flying. My food arrived fast, but I was still late. My friend was faster than I was because her food arrived earlier than mine. We ate the food on the bus. It was delicious shrimp.

In conclusion, as the first trip, it was really fun. I’ll never forget it because I felt happy.

– By ELCI student Zainab A. from Saudi Arabia

See more fun ELCI activities!   Come to our exciting summer program Super Summer Flex!

.