Rose Garden in Portland, Oregon

By Somaiah 

I went to the Rose Garden in Portland in 2015. I was 19 years old. I went to the Rose Garden in summer, when the weather was sunny. My family and I went by car.

I woke up in the morning, and I went to a restaurant to eat breakfast. I ate pancakes with syrup. Then, I went to Portland.

My brother drove the car. The car was a GMC. We stopped at the gas station. My brother filled the car with gas, and I went to the supermarket. I bought some snacks, chips, juice, and chocolate. I went back to the car. My brother continued on the road.

We got to Portland and went to the Rose Garden. We bought tickets. The ticket was 7 dollar each. We entered the garden. I saw many flowers of different colors. The colors of flowers were red, yellow, pink, blue, orange, white, and green.

The smell of the garden was very beautiful. I took a lot of pictures of flowers. I heard the music in the garden, and I saw a stage in the garden. There was a group playing classical music.

Soon, the sun was gone. We went out of the garden. We returned home. I liked the Rose Garden because I like roses.

– By ELCI student Somaiah from Saudi Arabia

See more fun ELCI activities!   Come to our exciting summer program Super Summer Flex!

.